BRAND NEW ***REMOTE ***ROLE FOR A FORTUNE 500 GROWING ENTERPRISE ARCHITECTURE DIVISION!
In a nutshell, this large organization is growing due to a Digital Transformation and modernization effort. This transformation will be happening on the technology and entire organization side. This Director’s efforts will not only impact the company but over 30 very large ones nationally.
This Director will be focused on enterprise solutions architecture based on the contracted delivery of software/systems products. STRONG SOLUTIONS DELIVERY!
***MUST live in MD, VA, DC, WV ***
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE ESTABLISHING AN EA PRACTICE OR SIGNIFICANTLY GROWING ONE – IMPORTANT TO COME IN AN BE EFFECTIVE
Competitive comp with generous bonus and other corporate perks.
What you will be doing:
- Managing a team of about 25 including 2-3 managers.
- Analyzing present and future technological capabilities and create plans to close important capability gaps, partners with business, technical, and product executives.
- Setting the direction for the solution architecture function and ensuring that it is in line with the business vision and strategy.
- Leading significant innovative transformative efforts, leads the development of creative solutions while weighing them against cost, schedule, function, quality, and other business factors.
- Making sure the solution architecture balances the perspectives from all domain architectures and is in line with the corporate strategy.
- Must live in one of the states listed above
- MUST CURRENTLY BE A DIRECTOR
- At least 12+ years of systems and software professional experience level and at least 6+ years in a management role with enterprise architecture responsibilities
- Experience with digital transformation, legacy systems, modernization, web development, and automation
- Practice development experience is a must to expand and sell capabilities/solutions to internal executives
- Transactional processing systems experience IS A MUST
- Great technical acumen to be successful
- Software and/or systems delivery experience
- Ideal background would be from software delivery environment, financial services, healthcare, insurance, or management consulting growing and creating EA groups
- Someone who is highly flexible and is a hit the ground running type of personality
- Strong digital transformation environment experience